Gray Plant Mooty’s Labor Law team focuses on helping employers build and stabilize effective labor relations and takes an individualized approach to each client partnership. We help employers manage labor issues proactively through strategic planning, training, policy development, and contract bargaining. When issues or disputes arise, we help employers respond decisively and effectively. Whatever your situation, it is our goal to represent you with the insight, business knowledge, and legal savvy you need to reach your goals.
Our experienced Labor Law team can assist with everything from background advice to serving as chief negotiator at the bargaining table, and from union avoidance strategies to arbitration and litigation of labor disputes. We provide labor law counsel to employers in a variety of sectors and industries, including health care, construction, manufacturing, transportation, financial services, nonprofit, and auto repair.
- Served as labor counsel and lead negotiator on union contracts for hospitals, manufacturers, automobile dealership and automobile service companies, trucking companies, and nonprofit service entities
- Represented numerous unionized employers in grievance arbitration
- Managed union decertification campaigns for large health care provider
- Defended employer against union’s series of strategic unfair labor practice charges
- Advised national nonprofit on union election campaign and union avoidance strategies
- Provided union avoidance advice to health care clinic in connection with acquisition of additional clinic
- Resisted union organizing campaign targeting public employer
- Defended employers in Taft-Hartley Multiemployer Benefits Fund litigation
- Defended employers against unions’ motions to compel arbitration